Monday, August 4, 2008

..

I´ve been pretty sick the last couple of days. It really sucks being away from home and feeling vulnerable. When I called mom to ask what medication to take and if I should start antibiotics, she told me that Boma passed away. I really feel like I should be home for the funeral to be there for dad and the rest of the family. I never really got to know my grandma, but as stacey said, she had a lust for life and travel that was incomparable. So this is probably what she would have wanted, probably what she´d wish for her grandkids. Still, I feel rather lonely here. Even when I was at school and I got really sick, I get really emotional because I´m so used to being taken care of by my two doctor parents. haha. It´s different when you´re away from home and what´s familiar. then again, this seems so familiar now. I´ve never been out of the country for this long, not even on a trip in the country (besides boston..) and I am so used to it now. before this year I´ve never known anyone really relatively close to me that has passed away. And all of a sudden this year there have been 3. I guess it´s kind of a shock, puts things into perspective. But with Boma, it´s somewhat of a relief. It´s been a long time now and she held out, but we all knew it was coming sooner or later. Now we can stop holding our breath. I just want to be home and be there while everyone exhales.

1 Comments:

At August 5, 2008 at 10:59 PM , Blogger Tiffany said...

if i were in argentina, i would buy you soup :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home