19 days until i´m 19!
working here has been really interesting. I see c-sections everyday I go to the hospital in Cordoba. Today I saw two. On sunday I watched an extraction of an ovarian tumor, it was huge and pretty yucky. but it was so interesting to watch. when they were sewing up the muscle layer, they slid in this piece of mesh/gauze something or other and then sewed the layer of fat over it. from what I understand, it´s not biodegradable. and it has something to do with a hernia. haha, i need someone to explain some things in english! (okay the people who are working at this internet cafe are totallly making out like on the desk. argentina, oh argentina.) so anyway, in the really poor hospital in Unquillo yesterday, I saw a lot. It is the most I´ve ever seen in that hospital! A woman came in from the ambulance siezing like crazy. It was pretty exciting and reminded me of my ride time and the first call we got, haha. Then a little kid came in with a huge gash on his head and we glued him up. Yin, another volunteer, and I are allowed to give shots, too. She gave an IV but i didn´t want to do that. the doctor lets us put shots of medication in people´s behinds. haha. I cant imagine any of this in the States.
Argentina in its entirety is really a crazy country. The scheduling is so weird, in terms of when pèople go and leave work. Everything is just out of whack it seems. Sunday nights there are parties in bars, people drop everything they do just to each lunch with the family at 2 pm (literally, everything dies until after lunch), and the PDA here is just gross. But kind of funny. hahah. Kristi is leaving next wednesday, and we´re going to B.A. with a bunch of other volunteers this weekend. I decided I want to stay. I dont want to go home yet because, altough i miss it very much and want to see everyone, i know that when i leave here i´m going to punch myself in the face and be like, what the hell! I shouldve stayed!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home