Sunday, June 22, 2008

dia dos!

Okay I got all your emails! I´ve been walking around the city of Cordoba (central) and it´s really nice. I mean, it´s kind of like New York. But I am alone and I don´t know anyone yet. I wanted to get out of my host family´s house for the day, so i took the hour long bus ride into the city. I´ve been walking around the mall (oh my god, everything is SO FREAKIN CHEAP here!!!! but don´t worry, i didn´t buy anything yet... hehe) and I just sat at a cafe and had some espresso and read. I like spending time alone and writing in my journal and stuff.. but as you all know, I am a very social person, so I cant WAIT to meet some volunteers. I called one today who lives near me but she wasn´t home. Okay, whoever said that the Argentinians speak slowly in Cordoba LIED. hahah ´but seriously, my spanish has already gotten so much better. My host family is so sweet, i really really really like them. I live with a dad, mom, grandma, and a sister. I swear the dad looks like G.W. Bush, not lying. But he´s really fat. hehe. I have to put up a picture, u guys will laugh very hard. THe grandma is so funny, but i can barely understand here. So here are some basic facts about the family and trip so far:
1. it is F*CKING freezing here. seriously.
2. no heat, no hot water in my shower this morning.... so much for spending time shaving my legs and so on. i couldn´t even stand under the showerhead.
3. I drink mate like it´s my job
4. last night the power went out for about two hours, which iguess happens often when it´s freezing outside. so i sat around the table with la familia and chatted and drank more and more and more mate.
5. ITS COLD, did i say that?
6. I showed my family pictures of my family at home - dad, stace, jenna, hannah, mom, PJ, milo, zo, mo, erik, rachel.. so on. they loved it and they think erik is a hottie, seriously. hehe
7. Jane, the English girl, left for Buenos Aires. I have been thinking about what she told me about and it seems like a really great city. she took an overnight bus there, it´s 10 hours and cost a whopping 10 american dollars. love the peso. i think i may go after my program, if i decide to stay. i need to decide within the week or two though, for plane info and stuff.
8. I MISS MY DOGGIES.
9. speaking of dogs, they run around everywhere here and i feel like they are all going to get hit by crazy drivers.
Okay that´s about all for now, i think. send a big hello to everyone for me
I MISS YOUALL A LOT
love love love love love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home