Saturday, June 28, 2008

the end of week one

whoops, i haven´t been to an internet cafe for a couple days. okay most importantly, the medical program here is really awesome. The day after I followed the pediatrician, I went to Cordoba central and worked in a Maternity hospital. It was so awesome! Haha I watched gynocological exams, which doesn´t sound very fun, but it was so interesting. All pregnant woman, and I learned a lot about pregnancy. It is cool communicating with the doctors, and they love teaching. They constantly draw me pictures and show me things on the patient and make me look inside (yes, inside) and it´s all really exciting. Then the next day, yesterday, I watched TWO surgeries. I was literally standing right there, touching the surgeon while he operated. It was SO AWESOME. I saw a mastectomy (I literally have no idea how to spell that) which was painful to watch. The woman was so scared and was crying as they put her to sleep. I felt so bad. The anesthesiologist (again, spelling is horrible, I apologize) was playing music. He put on Queen, because I guess the surgeon likes rock. I don´t know if they do that in the states, but it was kind of funny. THEN I saw a c'section. so freakin awesome. I loved it. except, the woman was morbidly obese. so that was kind of gross, and i felt somewhat nauseous when they just cut and cut and cut away at her fat to get to her uterus. it was somewhat disgusting. One of the medical students that was watching fainted. so yeah, that was all really cool. I like the maternity hospital way way better than the one in Unquillo. Anyway, last night I went out with my host sister, her friends, and my friend Kristiane. The bars and clubs open at 2 am and no one gets there until like 3, so it was a very late night. We had fun though. And... yeah! That´s about all. Oh, i went shopping yesterday with Kristi... hehehe... I got such cool boots! Yay. So I´m making the most of it here. It feels like summer, too. Today is like 70 degrees. I don´t understand. Argentina is a CRAZY country, even the weather is schizophrenic. I miss everyone so much, I miss BU and I miss mi novio :) I´ll continue to write! hasta luego

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home